Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591

Diskutiere Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591 im FRITZ!Box für Kabel Internet Forum im Bereich Internet und Telefon bei Unitymedia; Hello everyone and sorry for the English, my Deutsch is still not as good to write here :) I am a Vodafone/Unitymedia customer in Hessen. I have...
Insmouth

Insmouth

Reaktionen
Hello everyone and sorry for the English, my Deutsch is still not as good to write here :)

I am a Vodafone/Unitymedia customer in Hessen.
I have been recently having issues with my home office, in particular the use of L2TP/IPSec VPN connection to my company. I did a lot of research around the topic and ended up writing emails, spending hours on the Vodafone hotline and installing new devices.

The first time I called the support was after my VPN started working every other day. The technician on the phone assumed that it must be a firmware problem and sent me a Vodafone Easybox modem to replace my Unitymedia ConnectBox. The VPN was working fine for 2 straight days, then it stopped. I did more research I narrowed it down to the use of DS Lite and my company VPN being IPv4. I called Vodafone to order the Power Upload option + dual stack, but the sales representative said it was not possible with my current plan (Comfort 60) and told me that if I upgraded to Red Internet &Phone 100 Cable U, which natively comes with dual stack, my problem would be solved. It turned out this was a a lie and after yet another phone call and an hour spent on the hotline, I was left assured that I can cancel the new Red Internet & Phone 100 contract ( which is as useless as the Comfort 60 for my work) and I can order a Fritzbox 6591, which natively supports Dual Stack and I will have a public IPv4 address. This, of course, comes with a monthly fee of EUR 4.99 and an installation fee of EUR 40.00.

After reading more and more I am left with the impression that just a FritzBox won't do the job, and I might still need to order the Power Upload option for additional EUR 2.99/month.
Eventually, with all additional devices and 'upgrades', I will end up paying as much as 40 euros/month, which I would otherwise pay for the CableMax 1000 tariff (as far as I know gives you DS and IPv4).

So to the question: Can anyone please tell me, to the best of their knowledge, if I can have FritzBox rented from VF and Dual Stack activated without booking the PowerUpload option? I will probably revert to the old 60mbps plan, if this combination is possible.

Thank you!

MartinP_Do

Reaktionen
The contracts below 1000 MBit/s need any of following options to get "dual stack"
* PowerUpload @2,99 € per Month
OR
* "Telefon Komfort" @4,99 € per Month

The latter is a packet including an upgrade to Fritz Box 6591.
IMHO you dont need to order "PowerUpload" AND "Telefon Komfort". One of them is enough ...

EDIT: I am not sure, whether dual dtack can be activated on gigabit contract without "Telefon Komfort" It might depend on the operator

• Gefällt mir
Reaktionen: Insmouth
__QT__

__QT__

Reaktionen
Dualstack option can be asked for with either Power Upload option or telefon comfort option (aka Fritzbox rental). If you have any of these already then just call the service as often as needed until you get hold of a person who is activating it for you.

Maybe show us the Internet status part of your Fritzbox so it can be seen which IP setup you currently have.

Soldierofoc

Soldierofoc

Reaktionen
Simple anwser:
You'll need the PuwerUpload or Telefon-Comfort option or the CableMax1000-Contract.
Otherweise they (VF) wouldn't actiave Dual Stack for you.

AND you'll need to call them again to activate/switch to Dual-Stack, because it isn't activated automatically.

Insmouth

Insmouth

Reaktionen
The contracts below 1000 MBit/s need any of following options to get "dual stack"
* PowerUpload @2,99 € per Month
OR
* "Telefon Komfort" @4,99 € per Month

The latter is a packet including an upgrade to Fritz Box 6591.
IMHO you dont need to order "PowerUpload" AND "Telefon Komfort". One of them is enough ...

EDIT: I am not sure, whether dual dtack can be activated on gigabit contract without "Telefon Komfort" It might depend on the operator

Thank you!

I think the Fritzbox comes as part of the Komfort-Option. Is this the same as Telefon-Komfort? In my orders they've written 3KONF. ANKLO. NREM. Komfort-Option. Does any of these acronyms mean something to you?

Cheers!

__QT__

__QT__

Reaktionen
If you got a Fritzbox from Vodafone then you surely have the Telefon Komfort option booked and you are good to get the Dualstack option. Vodafone does not give any Fritzbox out without having this option. So if this fits your case then all good.

Just take a screenshot of your Internet stats so we can see how your IPv4 connection is established (tunnel or native). If tunnel then ring the support and ask for Dualstack. Maybe you need to ring them more than once as not every agent seems to have the right knowledge and skill.

Insmouth

Insmouth

Reaktionen
Hi all and thanks for the answers,

I just received the Fritz!Box and activated it.
My internet settings are:
1603454364678.png

1603454390235.png

My VPN is now connected but I don't know how long it's gonna last. I will call the support to activate DS for me and if all works I'll close the topic 🤞

Insmouth

Insmouth

Reaktionen
So far so good - I just disabled IPv6 support in the FritzBox and I am now getting only an IPv4 Public IP address, VPN is working fine.

1603456113515.png

Dankeschön für die Tipps!

__QT__

__QT__

Reaktionen
I am confused now. In the 1st screenshot you have DSlite connectivity and then later only IPv4. So was your DualStack activation successful? Did you call them and what happened?

Disabling IPv6 is not a good idea in my opinion. If you have a true DS environment you can enable it safely. Just because your company VPN is still on the old IP stack it doesn't mean you have to limit your internet access to it. What does the status say when you enable it again? Do you have a native IPv4 without AFTR tunnel?

Insmouth

Insmouth

Reaktionen
Hi, sorry for the confusion.

I had disabled IPv6 that's why the 2nd screenshot only shows a IPv4 address.

Now, I have turned IPv6 support back on, set it to use native IPv4 connection:
1603460520424.png

I now have IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, where the IPv4 is not tunneled:

1603460642873.png

__QT__

__QT__

Reaktionen
And why not native IPv6? Did you call Vodafone and ask for Dualstack configuration?

Insmouth

Insmouth

Reaktionen
If I chose native IPv6 I get the following on IPv4
FRITZ!Box uses a DS Lite tunnel, AFTR gateway:....

I ended up ordering the FritzBox and the Komfort option because I asked for DualStack. I presumed that If I am getting IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and I can connect to my workplace via VPN, then I don't need additional configuration. Or am I wrong? Still, when I go to my account on the Unitymedia Kundencenter, it says I'm using DS Lite
1603461706450.png

__QT__

__QT__

Reaktionen
The account details on the unitymedia Kundencenter are wrong for many people. Don't trust on this info. You can only rely on what you see on your device. If you still cannot get native v4 and native v6 I would ring them again and ask for Dualstack activation on your plan. Your device needs to restart for this to take effect though but on a rented device this is normally done from the remote end (TR-069).

tokon

Reaktionen
If you still cannot get native v4 and native v6 I would ring them again and ask for Dualstack activation on your plan.
He gets native IPv4 and IPv6 as we can see at the screenshots. But the strange thing is that this seems to be working only with the nativ IPv4 setting. Yes, normally dual stack is working with both settings (nativ IPv4 or nativ IPv6).

@Insmouth
One other way to check if it is DS or not, check the name of the config file:
download "Support-Daten" at http://fritz.box/support.lua and search for generic_*******.bin, e.g. my config file with DS is generic_1000000_50000_ds_sip_wifi-on.bin

Thema:

Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591

Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591 - Ähnliche Themen

• Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591

Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591: Hello everyone and sorry for the English, my Deutsch is still not as good to write here :) I am a Vodafone/Unitymedia customer in Hessen. I have...
  • Dual Stack und Anfänger-Fragen

Dual Stack und Anfänger-Fragen: Heute Nacht wurde meine Fritzbox 6591 gegen 02:22 Uhr Neu gestartet Im Zuge dessen erhielt ich eine neue IP-Adresse Da ich immer davon ausgegangen...
  • Fritzbox 6490 Cable ohne Dual Stack

Fritzbox 6490 Cable ohne Dual Stack: Hallo zusammen, ich habe hier ein kleines Problem mit der Fritzbox Cable 6490. Ich habe über Vodafone (oder immer noch Unity Media?!?) die Power...
  • [Business BaWü] Kann man feste statische IP haben und zusätzlich Dual Stack?

[Business BaWü] Kann man feste statische IP haben und zusätzlich Dual Stack?: Hi all, Kann man eine feste statische IP haben und zusätzlich Dual Stack? Ich frage für BaWü und Business Vertrag (CableMax). Die Fritzbox 6591...
  • Eigene Fritzbox - Verlust von Dual Stack bei Umstellung?

Eigene Fritzbox - Verlust von Dual Stack bei Umstellung?: Hi, ich hab aktuell die Komfort-Option und noch einen vollwertigen Dual-Stack Anschluss. Ich überlege mir eine eigene Fritzbox zu kaufen, um die...