Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591

Diskutiere Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591 im FRITZ!Box für Kabel Internet Forum im Bereich Internet und Telefon bei Unitymedia; Hello everyone and sorry for the English, my Deutsch is still not as good to write here :) I am a Vodafone/Unitymedia customer in Hessen. I have...
Insmouth

Insmouth

Reaktionen
Hello everyone and sorry for the English, my Deutsch is still not as good to write here :)

I am a Vodafone/Unitymedia customer in Hessen.
I have been recently having issues with my home office, in particular the use of L2TP/IPSec VPN connection to my company. I did a lot of research around the topic and ended up writing emails, spending hours on the Vodafone hotline and installing new devices.

The first time I called the support was after my VPN started working every other day. The technician on the phone assumed that it must be a firmware problem and sent me a Vodafone Easybox modem to replace my Unitymedia ConnectBox. The VPN was working fine for 2 straight days, then it stopped. I did more research I narrowed it down to the use of DS Lite and my company VPN being IPv4. I called Vodafone to order the Power Upload option + dual stack, but the sales representative said it was not possible with my current plan (Comfort 60) and told me that if I upgraded to Red Internet &Phone 100 Cable U, which natively comes with dual stack, my problem would be solved. It turned out this was a a lie and after yet another phone call and an hour spent on the hotline, I was left assured that I can cancel the new Red Internet & Phone 100 contract ( which is as useless as the Comfort 60 for my work) and I can order a Fritzbox 6591, which natively supports Dual Stack and I will have a public IPv4 address. This, of course, comes with a monthly fee of EUR 4.99 and an installation fee of EUR 40.00.

After reading more and more I am left with the impression that just a FritzBox won't do the job, and I might still need to order the Power Upload option for additional EUR 2.99/month.
Eventually, with all additional devices and 'upgrades', I will end up paying as much as 40 euros/month, which I would otherwise pay for the CableMax 1000 tariff (as far as I know gives you DS and IPv4).

So to the question: Can anyone please tell me, to the best of their knowledge, if I can have FritzBox rented from VF and Dual Stack activated without booking the PowerUpload option? I will probably revert to the old 60mbps plan, if this combination is possible.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thema:

Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591

Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591 - Ähnliche Themen

• Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591

Dual Stack on Fritzbox 6591: Hello everyone and sorry for the English, my Deutsch is still not as good to write here :) I am a Vodafone/Unitymedia customer in Hessen. I have...
  • Dual Stack und Anfänger-Fragen

Dual Stack und Anfänger-Fragen: Heute Nacht wurde meine Fritzbox 6591 gegen 02:22 Uhr Neu gestartet Im Zuge dessen erhielt ich eine neue IP-Adresse Da ich immer davon ausgegangen...
  • Fritzbox 6490 Cable ohne Dual Stack

Fritzbox 6490 Cable ohne Dual Stack: Hallo zusammen, ich habe hier ein kleines Problem mit der Fritzbox Cable 6490. Ich habe über Vodafone (oder immer noch Unity Media?!?) die Power...
  • [Business BaWü] Kann man feste statische IP haben und zusätzlich Dual Stack?

[Business BaWü] Kann man feste statische IP haben und zusätzlich Dual Stack?: Hi all, Kann man eine feste statische IP haben und zusätzlich Dual Stack? Ich frage für BaWü und Business Vertrag (CableMax). Die Fritzbox 6591...
  • Eigene Fritzbox - Verlust von Dual Stack bei Umstellung?

Eigene Fritzbox - Verlust von Dual Stack bei Umstellung?: Hi, ich hab aktuell die Komfort-Option und noch einen vollwertigen Dual-Stack Anschluss. Ich überlege mir eine eigene Fritzbox zu kaufen, um die...