Plex Remote Access on Fritzbox 6490

Diskutiere Plex Remote Access on Fritzbox 6490 im FRITZ!Box für Kabel Internet Forum im Bereich Internet und Telefon bei Unitymedia; I have spent hours reading the forums and online suggestions for how to unlock remote access for plex and i have hit a roadblock with the...

schwizer

Reaktionen
I have spent hours reading the forums and online suggestions for how to unlock remote access for plex and i have hit a roadblock with the fritzbox. The main problem is that I CAN NOT SPECIFY THE EXTERNAL IP in the fritz box for the ports that should go to the plex NAS. :wand:

What i have also tried :pcfreak:
1. Expose the local NAS server (Synology 218+) to the internet (IPV4 and IPV6)
2. Enabled Remote Access in Plex settings (goes green for 2 seconds then red again).
3. Enabled/Disabled IPV6 in plex.
4. Tried TCP/UDP port (separate & together) forwarding rules in the fritzbox
5. Tried 32400 port for in and out as well as separate ports for internal and external

Any ideas? :confused:

Picture here
https://ibb.co/djdK9Dr

Schwizer

Joerg123

Reaktionen
I am not familiar with your Pley software but as you show also a picture of the running app: have you enabled independent port share for the PC int the Fritzbox port-sharing settings (.....178.44) ? cause if the external port you want to use for incomming connection is already enabled by UPnP this port cannot be assigned again. But if the port is opened by the software on your PC the automatically configured independent UPnP-share should also route to your PC (if you do not use the software on another PC as well). But one external port can only be routed once to a local device.

I do not understand the screenshot of your Fritzbox port sharing settings. On my Fritzbox the "ip address in the internet" is shown as my public internet IP address of course (and that makes sense, the "ip address on the internet cannot be a LAN ip address of course). How ever, by my knowledge you cannot specify an external IP address or IP address range, that will be allowed to use the port share configured in the Fritzbox port-sharing settings. If you create a port-shahring rule the port is available for any external/internet IP-address. Maybe recreate the rule and/or reboot your Fritzbox.
PS: what type of iternet connection do you have ? IPv4 address (that would be needed for your Plex sharing) or IPv6 IP-address or both ?
If you reboot the Fritzbox and check menu System > Event Log, is there something listed with tunnel or tunnelling ? (cause on the online monitor page you might see IPv4 and IPv6 addresses that looks like "normal private IP addresses" for your router but might be assigned by DS-light via tunnelling)

Thema:

Plex Remote Access on Fritzbox 6490

Plex Remote Access on Fritzbox 6490 - Ähnliche Themen

• Fritzbox QNAP und Plex / Verbindungsprobleme

Fritzbox QNAP und Plex / Verbindungsprobleme: Hallo zusammen, ich hoffe ihr könnt mir hierzu helfen. Ich bin von einem Cisco Modem + Asus RT87U auf die Fritz 6490 (Unity) umgestiegen im...
  • 6360 und statische Portfreigabe (für Plex)

6360 und statische Portfreigabe (für Plex): Hallo, ich habe gestern die Fritzbox 6360 erhalten, allerdings scheint die Portfreigabe nicht zu konfigurieren. Der Support schrieb mir nun...
  • Remote Desktop per IPv6 möglich?

Remote Desktop per IPv6 möglich?: Hallo an alle, ich möchte an eine Diskussion zu Beginn dieses Jahres anknüpfen (http://www.unitymediakabelbwforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=29863)...
  • Remote Desktop per IPv6 möglich?

Remote Desktop per IPv6 möglich?: Hallo Leute, ich habe 2 UnityMedia-Anschlüsse. Einmal zu Hause bei mir (Tarif: 2Play 100) und bei mir in der Praxis (Tarif: 2Play 50 noch). Ich...
  • remot port freigabe ?! 6360

remot port freigabe ?! 6360: Hallo erstmal. Ich habe direkt mal eine frage =D Ich habe ja die FB 6360 und auch eine ipv4 adresse. (Unitymedia NRW) Ich habe früher mal eine...