- Anzeige -

English: No satellite signal after installation

In dieses Forum kommen Themen über Unitymedia hinein, die nicht in andere Foren passen.

English: No satellite signal after installation

Beitragvon geomic » 06.06.2012, 15:36

Hi everyone,

Sorry my written German is not good enough to post, my apologies.

I recently installed unitymedia internet at home, the modem/splitter is connected into the satellite connection socket in my office. The available sockets in the wall are TV, RADIO and SAT, unitymedia is passing through the SAT.
My problem is that I want to connect my satellite receiver to the same socket that unitymedia is connected to, so I tried to connect it directly to the white splitter (using the second Ausgang 1) but I would receive no signal. Then I disconnected unitymedia completely from the wall and connected the satellite receiver to the satellite socket directly into the wall and I still did not receive any signal. However, in the other rooms all SAT output sockets work perfectly fine and I can receive signal.

Any ideas what might have happened, did unitymedia disconnect the satellite connection in my office, did they switch it around with the TV?

Thank you.
geomic
Kabelneuling

Re: English: No satellite signal after installation

Beitragvon Matrix110 » 06.06.2012, 16:29

First of all you should clear up whether you are using a real DVB-S Receiver or just calling your DVB-C Receiver a Satellite Receiver, because Unitymedia is supplied via Cable not Sat.
Also the 3rd Socket is not SAT its DATA in that case, despite it using a F-Connector which is more common at Satellite Stuff.

If you just call your DVB-C Receiver Sat Receiver (which is wrong) then you should connect your Receiver to the TV Socket. If you are using a HD Recorder from Unitymedia which is using a F-Connector then you can either connect it to Splitter which normally should work if the Internet is working.

If you are normally using Satellite TV the technician might have switched your Office Socket to Cable, but he should have told you that when he was installing it.
Matrix110
Glasfaserstrecke

Beitragvon geomic » 06.06.2012, 16:56

Sorry I mean DVB-S (BskyB) receiver. When you say "the technician might have switched your Office Socket to Cable, but he should have told you that when he was installing it.", do you mean he might have connected the connection to the satellite to the TV socket?

What is now DATA used to be SAT, which means I had a direct connection to the satellites on the roof. Now I wonder if he disconnected the satellite completely to the office room or if he moved it to the TV socket...possibly?
geomic
Kabelneuling

Beitragvon gordon » 06.06.2012, 19:33

chances are slim that a SAT signal is still available on any of those sockets if it has been connected to the Unitymedia cable.
The question is: have you tried connecting your BSkyB receiver to that SAT socket before the UM installation took place? (i.e. was there ever a SAT signal available in the office?) If there was, the SAT cable should be somewhere in the wall and you could install and connect another SAT socket there. I wouldn't try to have both infrastructures (SAT and cable wiring) on the same wall outlet.
gordon
Glasfaserstrecke

Beitragvon tonino85 » 06.06.2012, 19:54

Is the MMDs Data output only suitable up to 900 MHz? Then it is normal that no satellite at the MMD is available.
Bild
tonino85
Glasfaserstrecke

Beitragvon geomic » 07.06.2012, 15:19

There use to be SAT signal there that is for sure.

I openend up the socket and there is only 1 single wire passing into it. I assume that the unitymedia guys have disconnected me from the satellite completely and routed the unitymedia directly into my office socket.

In our building we have two satellites on the top of the roof, these go through modulators/splitters/signal boosters which are located in the roof and are then sent all over the building to various rooms. My assumption is that unitymedia disconnected my SAT line and in place routed the data connection through the same cable which leads to my room instead.

Now, if only there was a way to have both the SAT and DATA pass through the same wire, but I doubt that is highly likely even if they were to split the signal.
geomic
Kabelneuling

Beitragvon Matrix110 » 07.06.2012, 17:28

There are system to route SAT and Cable over one Coax Wire, but they are rather expensive and require special installation which not many companies do. Also if you run into problems UM wont touch anything, you have to deal with that yourself.
Matrix110
Glasfaserstrecke

Zurück zu Unitymedia allgemein